Fishing Lodges Yorkshire
Brompton Lakes is an angler’s paradise. Where else would you find a combination of luxurious accommodation coupled with fishing on your own doorstep?
The lodges are set around two coarse fishing lakes and are just a stone’s throw from the banks of the River Swale, making the opportunity for varied and enjoyable fishing as plentiful as the catch.
Carp weighing up to 20lb, Bream, Tench and Roach can all be found in the lakes on site, so we’d recommend you bring along a variety of tackle and bait. Even more variety awaits you when fishing from our easily accessible ¾ of a mile of river frontage. In season, this stretch of the fast-flowing River Swale is home to Grayling, Wild Brownie, Dace and Perch and, with a little skill and patience, any or all of these could be the catch of the day. *
If you’d like to add to your angling experience while staying with us, we’re close to a number of popular fishing sites – most only a few miles drive away. These include the Jubilee Lakes Fly Fishery in Darlington which was voted 6th in the top 50 fisheries in the UK (Trout Fisherman Magazine) and the neighbouring Ellerton Park Site, a few miles down the road near Bolton on Swale.
Brompton Lakes stocks a small selection of fishing bait. Please ask at reception on arrival.
Please observe the fishing rules:
Species stocked: Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench and Carp
- All anglers over the age of 12 must have a current Environmental Agency License. For more information please click here. Licenses may be liable for inspection by site staff/E.A Officers whilst fishing.
- All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult whilst fishing.
- Fishing is only from designated platforms.
- Only barbless hooks may be used.
- No keep nets allowed.
- Landing nets to be used at all times.
- Unhooking mats to be used at all times.
- No cat or dog food to be used.
- No bollies, bolt rigs, nuts , fixed method feeders or bait boats.
- Max 1kg of ground bait per angler, per session.
- No fishing between swims.
- Two rods maximum per swim.
- Rods must not be left unattended at any time.
- No discarding of bait on the bank or in the lake.
- Care and consideration should be given to wildlife and other anglers at all times.
- Please inform a member of the Brompton Lakes team if you see any of the above points being abused.
More About The Activities
Book a Lodge
HOLLY HOUSE FARM - our new luxury, self catering cottages, complete with hot tubs, are now near to completion. Now taking bookings from 12th May 2014. Check out www.holly-house-farm.co.uk Tel: 01748 850333 for more information
We still have some availability for Le TOUR De FRANCE YORKSHIRE. Transport to and from the route and lunch also available to guests. Tel 01748 850333 for more information.
Brompton Lakes GIFT VOUCHERS make a wonderful present. Available for any £ value, valid for twelve months and redeemable against any new reservation. Tel 01748 850333.
Book your stay in Yorkshire's finest self catering accommodation and enjoy some lakeside luxury in 2014.Tweets by @BromptonLakes
Sign up to receive our latest news & special offers by email.